Multiterm does not open automatically with Trados
Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:49
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 18, 2004

I updated Office 2000 to Office XP when first my Trados 5.5 toolbar and the Multiterm toolbar was not visible.
I got help with that by copying the templates to the start-up-folder which was great.
BUT before my upgrade Multiterm used to open automatically with Trados and I could quick save entries from the document I was working on into the termbase. It doesn't after the upgrade of Office. Now I have to open Multiterm manually, and enter terms straight into the termbase "manually".
... See more
I updated Office 2000 to Office XP when first my Trados 5.5 toolbar and the Multiterm toolbar was not visible.
I got help with that by copying the templates to the start-up-folder which was great.
BUT before my upgrade Multiterm used to open automatically with Trados and I could quick save entries from the document I was working on into the termbase. It doesn't after the upgrade of Office. Now I have to open Multiterm manually, and enter terms straight into the termbase "manually".

How do I get this function to work again?

TIA

Anette Herbert
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:49
English to German
+ ...
Which version? Jul 18, 2004

Hi Anette,
Can you please indicate which version of MultiTerm you're using?

AFAIK MultiTerm never opens automatically, but I have an idea which "quick entry" function you're looking for. That, however, depends on the exact version of MT you're using.

Best regards, Ralf

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm iX build 209 Jul 18, 2004

Hi Ralf!

Sorry about that- I am waiting for your response!

Thank you!

Best regards

Anette

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Anette,
Can you please indicate which version of MultiTerm you're using?

AFAIK MultiTerm never opens automatically, but I have an idea which "quick entry" function you're looking for. That, however, depends on the exact version of MT you're using.

Best regards, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:49
English to German
+ ...
MultiTermiX.dot Jul 18, 2004

Thanks, Anette.

First of all, I would suggest to update your MTiX installation; you're still using the first version which had several major bugs. These were rectified with the "Summer 2003 Service Release" (see these two articles from the Trados KB:support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1208... See more
Thanks, Anette.

First of all, I would suggest to update your MTiX installation; you're still using the first version which had several major bugs. These were rectified with the "Summer 2003 Service Release" (see these two articles from the Trados KB:support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1208 and support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1207). In the meantime, MT 6.2 has had another upgrade, to build 279.

Regarding your query, MTiX never "starts automatically", but thanks to the embedded interface, you don't need to run the application to use it as a terminology provider in Workbench. The "quick-save" function is contained in the MultiTermiX.dot template: if it's activated (and the toolbar visible), you first need to connect to a termbase (clicking on the only icon that's active). Then you can use the "pen" icon to add entries "on the fly".

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't update Multiterm with 5.5 Aug 3, 2004

Hi Ralph,

Following your advice I contacted Trados to get the service release you recommended. Apparently I first have to update to Trados 6.5 which I am not planning to do right now.

Thanks anyway

Best regards

Anette Herbert

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Thanks, Anette.

First of all, I would suggest to update your MTiX installation; you're still using the first version which had several major bugs. These were rectified with the "Summer 2003 Service Release" (see these two articles from the Trados KB:support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1208 and support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1207). In the meantime, MT 6.2 has had another upgrade, to build 279.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm does not open automatically with Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »