Starting Multiterm 5
Thread poster: Marwa Radi
Marwa Radi
Marwa Radi
Local time: 07:11
English to Arabic
Dec 23, 2004

Hi all here,

I am still new to Trados. I have downloaded the 6.5 Trados demo version. But before burchasing I need to know about Multiterm 5.
Is it shipped along with the licence key or shall I get it else where.
And does the Trados workbench work with other memory termbases?
thanks for ur patience

Rafael Delfin
Rafael Delfin
English to Spanish
About Multiterm Dec 23, 2004

Hello there.

Regarding your quesiton about MultiTerm, when you purchase the license of Trados 6.5 Freelancer Edition, MultiTerm is part of the modules included in the applications suite. As far as I know, it is also included witn the other license editions.

As for the use of other terminology programs with Trados, I don't see why you couldn't do so, however, MultiTerm is specifically desgined to be builted within the Trados' WorkBench and if you have an installation of
... See more
Hello there.

Regarding your quesiton about MultiTerm, when you purchase the license of Trados 6.5 Freelancer Edition, MultiTerm is part of the modules included in the applications suite. As far as I know, it is also included witn the other license editions.

As for the use of other terminology programs with Trados, I don't see why you couldn't do so, however, MultiTerm is specifically desgined to be builted within the Trados' WorkBench and if you have an installation of Trados that will most likely include the MultiTerm module, I don's see why you would choose to use a separate application for your terminology needs.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Rafael
Collapse

Klas Törnquist
Klas Törnquist
Local time: 06:11
English to Swedish
+ ...
Conversion needed Dec 24, 2004

Marwa Radi wrote:

And does the Trados workbench work with other memory termbases?

You need to distinguish between a "term database", where you store terms, and a "memory database", where you store translated sentence pairs.

If you mean "Can MultiTerm import term databases from other translation/term tools":
You'll have to export from the other tool to some standard format such as tab delimited text or Excel and then import into MultiTerm.

If you mean "Can I link Trados Workbench to a non-MultiTerm database":
No.

If you mean "Can I use translation memory databases from other translation tools in Trados Workbench":
Most (if not all) other translation tools' memory databases can be exported to TMX (a standard format) that can be imported into Trados. Some can even export to Trados txt, that can easilsy be imported into Trados.

Note that TMX, although a standard format, isn't always fully compatible between different tools.

Klas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting Multiterm 5

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »