Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:45
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 8, 2005

I am using Trados (65.4.438 Build 439 with WordXP/WinXP) while translating from English into Arabic (source is left-to-right, target is right-to-left).

Occasionally, I find the first one or two letters lost from source paragraphs that have not been translated yet. When I replace the letters manually, everything seems to work, but I am worried about possible corruption of the file.

This happens more frequently with the paragraph that immediately follows the TU being tr
... See more
I am using Trados (65.4.438 Build 439 with WordXP/WinXP) while translating from English into Arabic (source is left-to-right, target is right-to-left).

Occasionally, I find the first one or two letters lost from source paragraphs that have not been translated yet. When I replace the letters manually, everything seems to work, but I am worried about possible corruption of the file.

This happens more frequently with the paragraph that immediately follows the TU being translated, but sometimes I see two paragraphs at once with dissapearing first characters.

Any idea what's going on.

Thanks,.

Alaa
Collapse

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 23:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same thing with me, in Wordfast Jan 17, 2005

I know it is not of much help to know that there are others with the same problem: I couldn't find out about the reason for that either. Anybody out there?

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:45
English to Polish
+ ...
Just guessing: different style? Jan 17, 2005

Eva Blanar wrote:

I know it is not of much help to know that there are others with the same problem: I couldn't find out about the reason for that either. Anybody out there?

Maybe the first character has a different style, e.g. tw4winExternal which was somehow made to look like normal text?

But I'm only guessing wildly...

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

first characters in a line occasionally dissappear

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »