TRADL
TRADL
France
Local time: 09:57
English to French
+ ...
Apr 10, 2005

Hi,

I've translated a text for a client using Trados and I'd like to send them the TM in the form of a Word file for example for them to be able to use it as a glossary as they don't have Trados. Is it at all possible? And how?

Thank you!

TRADL

Rubén de la Fuente
Rubén de la Fuente  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
export the TM Apr 10, 2005

Hi

All you need to do is go to File > Export (TM must be opened exclusively) and the TM will be exported as txt file that can be open with any text editor. Hth. Best regards,

rubén

TRADL
TRADL
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 10, 2005

I had worked that out in the meantime...Just never used this feature before.

Thx

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:57
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TXT export Apr 10, 2005

Hi

The txt export feature is not only useful in this case but comes quite handy in times that you need to communicate very large TM files (few MB's) over slow internet connections, like mine

Normally the exported txt files are smaller and more easier to transfer.

Regards

Rahi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to extract a TM from TRADOS into a Word file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »