Trados 6.5.5 changes normal text to tag text
Thread poster: keiths
keiths
keiths
German to English
+ ...
May 4, 2005

I've just upgraded to Trados 6.5.5 and am finding with some Word documents that when I open a unit, Trados changes the text in the source and target unit to purple tag text. It also replaces return signs throughout the document with purple tag returns. I know format changes are quite common with Trados, but I've never heard of it turning the text into tags. Does anyone know of any settings I can change to prevent this from happening or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

T
... See more
I've just upgraded to Trados 6.5.5 and am finding with some Word documents that when I open a unit, Trados changes the text in the source and target unit to purple tag text. It also replaces return signs throughout the document with purple tag returns. I know format changes are quite common with Trados, but I've never heard of it turning the text into tags. Does anyone know of any settings I can change to prevent this from happening or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Thanks.
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:04
Member (2003)
German to French
Once May 4, 2005

Hi,
I had the same problem once. Since I could not solve it, I reported the problem and submitted the document to the agency I worked with. They are still working on the problem to no avail... and keep me posted if they find a solution.
But it happened only once, on this very document.

Sorry, I can not help you further.

Sylvain

keiths
keiths
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nice to know it's not just me.. May 5, 2005

Hi Sylvain,

It's nice to know it's not just me who's experiencing this. Unfortunately it's happening quite often and is more than a bit annoying!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5.5 changes normal text to tag text

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »