What is your experience with Trados Studio 2022?
Thread poster: Iberoromania
Iberoromania
Iberoromania
Switzerland
Local time: 20:50
Member (2021)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Nov 13, 2023

Hello, I am trying the free version of Trados Studio 2022. Unfortunately there come a lot of error messages. For example I cannot create a Translation Memory. What is your experience? Thank you.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Most Nov 13, 2023

Iberoromania wrote:
Hello, I am trying the free version of Trados Studio 2022. Unfortunately there come a lot of error messages. For example I cannot create a Translation Memory. What is your experience?

Most users of Trados are able to create translation memories, so you must be doing something wrong, or perhaps you are one of those rare users for whom Trados does not work on their computers. Trados is a relatively stable product. It crashes less than once per day for me.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
It works fine Nov 13, 2023

On my setup it practically never crashes.
There was one specific job where I had trouble, and Trados crashed a couple of times, but that was possibly due to the setup of the package. The problem stopped when I delivered the job.

However, I rarely use remote TMs. When I do, any issues are at the client's end! Once they give me access, it al runs smoothly.
I never use the Cloud or AI, but I can set up all t
... See more
On my setup it practically never crashes.
There was one specific job where I had trouble, and Trados crashed a couple of times, but that was possibly due to the setup of the package. The problem stopped when I delivered the job.

However, I rarely use remote TMs. When I do, any issues are at the client's end! Once they give me access, it al runs smoothly.
I never use the Cloud or AI, but I can set up all the TMs and Termbases I like, or select from those I already have, and use a handful together if suitable.

I usually link one of my own TMs and termbases up in parallel with the client's when I work with packages.

I hope you manage to sort your issues!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is your experience with Trados Studio 2022?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »