Allemagne
Local time: 22:52
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Correction, if I may May 28, 2004

Hi Jason,
Close, but not quite:
The BIC code is a series of 8 letters of so

The Bank Identifier Code is a bank's identifer in the SWIFT system, the international financial communications network. BICs have 8 or 11 characters, and are alphanumerical. An online directory is here.

the IBAN is the first 2 letters of your residence country followed by your a/c nº.

Careful here: you cannot construct an IBAN in this way, as the country code is followed by a two-figure checksum. The rest of the IBAN differs by country, and is usually a combination of the account number and the branch/sorting code.

HTH, Ralf

Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Espagne
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
I stand corrected May 28, 2004

Thanks for the clarification Ralf. Hopefully, I'll become more familiar with these codes in the future. To date, I´ve only been paid for one job by this method.

Best
Jason

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Pays-Bas
anglais vers néerlandais
+ ...
what is supposed to be 'is' not always May 28, 2004

Spanish banks are great at charging you: 'upkeep of the account' (gastos de mantenimiento), 'correo', another 'gasto' for each bill you pay automatically (€0.60) and a comisión of €2.70 for receiving an international transferencia (that is what La Caixa charges me). I will try adding the initials 'SHR' always and tel the client that this means 'shared' costs....
Last year I received a €90 check from Austria - the comisión for that was €20 - some percentage!
As far as money
... See more
Spanish banks are great at charging you: 'upkeep of the account' (gastos de mantenimiento), 'correo', another 'gasto' for each bill you pay automatically (€0.60) and a comisión of €2.70 for receiving an international transferencia (that is what La Caixa charges me). I will try adding the initials 'SHR' always and tel the client that this means 'shared' costs....
Last year I received a €90 check from Austria - the comisión for that was €20 - some percentage!
As far as money from European cash machines goes - That is still not free, Spanish banks charge €4 for each €100 withdrawal - it is cheaper to pay with your card (no charge). I mentioned this to the bank (that I had read it was supposed to be free), and they said 'Spain is different'...

Anyway, it is a good idea to check that the banks do not charge the full charges on both sides (I am sure they do) and I will make a note of the applicable legislation...

[Edited at 2004-05-28 13:44]
Collapse

WebTC
WebTC  Identity Verified
anglais vers français
+ ...
Real choice of the payer May 28, 2004

Hi everybody,

In regards to this explanation, effectively if the payment comes from outside EC, there is a lot of fess applied by the bank, and in Belgium, the fees are also incredibly high.
But inside the EC, you must admit (and it's a general rule) that the payer of the invoice has the choice between three options :
* fees divided in two (both are charged, the invoicer and the payer)
* fees in charge of the invoicer
* fees in charge of the payer

... See more
Hi everybody,

In regards to this explanation, effectively if the payment comes from outside EC, there is a lot of fess applied by the bank, and in Belgium, the fees are also incredibly high.
But inside the EC, you must admit (and it's a general rule) that the payer of the invoice has the choice between three options :
* fees divided in two (both are charged, the invoicer and the payer)
* fees in charge of the invoicer
* fees in charge of the payer

So what I want to notice is that there is a lot of client knowing that rule very well and they don't hesitate to choose the second option ...
I have tried also to count the fees inside an invoice but very often the client is not really happy with that practice ...

How can we make them accept this small amount anyway ????
That's the big question of 1.000.000 $

Bernard
Collapse

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bank charges for transfers in euro zone

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »