Glossaries - Interpreting
Thread poster: Javier Mendieta
Javier Mendieta
Javier Mendieta
Spanish to German
Sep 19, 2009

Hi all!

Im currently studying interpreting and I find it often quite hard to buil up my vocabulary for specilised topics in my none native language (spanish, english and french) like human rights, medicine or defense and internationl relations just to name a few. Does anybody know good and reliable webiste with glossary that I can consult or which one do you consult.

Thanks for your help
Javi

[Bearbeitet am 2009-09-19 22:06 GMT]

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Welcome, Javier Sep 20, 2009

Why don't you try looking around in http://www.proz.com/glosspost ?

Javier Mendieta
Javier Mendieta
Spanish to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 20, 2009

Thanks for your help! Still havent found out what everything works around here!

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:08
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Glossaries vs terminology Sep 21, 2009

I think you're better off reading source language material (i.e. the press in your foreign languages) than trying to read through glossaries which are almost inevitably unreliable and behind the times.

If you need something for looking up terms you come across, look around. Sources vary depending on the field. If you want to interpret for the EU you might as well use EU sources: IATE, eurovoc, CPV, DGT-TM, europarl corpus, eur-lex.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossaries - Interpreting

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »