Thread poster: Francesco Zignani (X)
Francesco Zignani (X)
Francesco Zignani (X)
Italy
Local time: 17:00
English to Italian
Nov 26, 2019

Hello

I use Subtitle Edit for making subtitles and it's all ok expect for aligning with left justification the dialogue subititles, something that this program can't do.
So i downloaded the trial of wincaps and eztitles which can do it, but i can't export the file with Ebu .stl extension. Eztitles says that the left-center align is not supported with stl and wincaps doesn't export the file at all.

How can i save the file in .stl format while maintain the left-cent
... See more
Hello

I use Subtitle Edit for making subtitles and it's all ok expect for aligning with left justification the dialogue subititles, something that this program can't do.
So i downloaded the trial of wincaps and eztitles which can do it, but i can't export the file with Ebu .stl extension. Eztitles says that the left-center align is not supported with stl and wincaps doesn't export the file at all.

How can i save the file in .stl format while maintain the left-center justification?
Cause if i export the subtitles as for expample .890 or .ssa they maintain the left-center align, but i wonder how to do it with .stl, which is the format i need.

[Edited at 2019-11-27 13:44 GMT]
Collapse

AVAT
AVAT  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:00
French to Italian
+ ...
Ciao Francesco Nov 29, 2019

forse potresti provare a chiedere a Max

https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/283471-ask_me_anything_about_subtitling.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't align left-center subtitles

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »