hi searching for good auto translation tool
Thread poster: jone
jone
jone
English
Feb 3, 2005

Sorry for my english
When i translate my application from US to UK English I often find difficult. And I am fed up with manual translation can anyone from you has used a translation tool to translate your data to these languages. Please help me.

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:37
English to French
+ ...
try to switch the langage settings in Word : English UK or English US Feb 3, 2005

I'm not sure to understand your question.
If it's a matter of spelling you can switch from English UK to English US in MS Word ; it will change some spelling choices : "colour" becomes "color" for instance.
For different choices of words (like "CV" or "resumé") I'm afraid you have to make the change yourself.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:37
Swedish to English
+ ...
Harder than it seems Feb 4, 2005

I'm not sure I understand your question either.

The previous answer had good advice about spelling. But there's much more to translating US English to UK English than spelling. I have been doing quite a lot recently, and many other aspects come into it - vocabulary, punctuation, terminology, cultural stumbling-blocks, slang, saying, special expressions, words that are fine in one language but obscene in the other.

Sometimes it's very minor things - when Americans give
... See more
I'm not sure I understand your question either.

The previous answer had good advice about spelling. But there's much more to translating US English to UK English than spelling. I have been doing quite a lot recently, and many other aspects come into it - vocabulary, punctuation, terminology, cultural stumbling-blocks, slang, saying, special expressions, words that are fine in one language but obscene in the other.

Sometimes it's very minor things - when Americans give an address, they usually end up with a zip code and 2-letter state abbreviation - they leave out "USA". Sometimes it's major - words with very different meanings.

Basically therefore, there is not, and cannot be, a good translation tool from US English to UK English. That is my hap'orth, I mean my 2 cents worth.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

hi searching for good auto translation tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »