Desparate, urgent unsuccessful search for any EN-DE online sources in diaper production technology
Thread poster: bkytransl
bkytransl
bkytransl
Bulgaria
Local time: 19:30
French to German
+ ...
Jul 10, 2016

Hi, I have an enourmously large patent document about diaper production technology and this text drives me almost crazy because I cannot ask the customer anything, there are only 13 days left for 62000 words and above all this is a VIP client of the agency I am working for. Normally no problem, but with this text I have only half speed as usual in addition. Several times I begged for being able to ask questions because it is simply impossible to translate patents without having the possibility t... See more
Hi, I have an enourmously large patent document about diaper production technology and this text drives me almost crazy because I cannot ask the customer anything, there are only 13 days left for 62000 words and above all this is a VIP client of the agency I am working for. Normally no problem, but with this text I have only half speed as usual in addition. Several times I begged for being able to ask questions because it is simply impossible to translate patents without having the possibility to ask, but to no avail, since there are too many mediators in between and the customer anyway has the opinion that "we are the experts who must to know how what is translated".

I am searching and asking everywhere to find any source for this most complicated technology I ever had (and I come from the field of paper printing presses which means I even have lots of experience with related technologies), but these terms are not to find anywhere and I can only hope that here is anybody who ever saw any source where information about this complicated field is somehow at least to see in English, if not in English and German.
Collapse

S Kelly
S Kelly
Local time: 17:30
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
Possible help Jul 11, 2016

Hello,

Fammecanica -make diapers. You may find English terms there.
www.fammecanica.com

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Maybe a stupid suggestion... Jul 11, 2016

Have you searched using the British English equivalent term: nappy/nappies?

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 18:30
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Ask a KudoZ question? Jul 11, 2016

Pick one term and ask a KudoZ question, perhaps there will be people out there either familiar with the terminology or able to find resources.

Depending on confidentiality requirements, can you show us a simple passage from the file, with terms you find problematic?

Alistair Gainey
Alistair Gainey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
Also hoping I'm not stating the obvious... Jul 11, 2016

Maybe you could search for terms in https://patents.google.com or other patent directories.

bkytransl
bkytransl
Bulgaria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Website not reachable, wrong URL? Jul 11, 2016

Kelly S wrote:

Hello,

Fammecanica -make diapers. You may find English terms there.
www.fammecanica.com

Thanks for your reply, but the website is not reachable or there is a mistake in the URL. Can you check please?

bkytransl
bkytransl
Bulgaria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, not searched this term until now Jul 11, 2016

Even I read this term the first time here. Will now include it in my search too. Thanks

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Have you searched using the British English equivalent term: nappy/nappies?

bkytransl
bkytransl
Bulgaria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did, only until now did not find approv Jul 11, 2016

Alistair Gainey wrote:

Maybe you could search for terms in https://patents.google.com or other patent directories.

bkytransl
bkytransl
Bulgaria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did, only until now did not find appropriate links Jul 11, 2016

In fact I am inventor myself and know these directories, but for diapers I did not find any document in German so far.

Alistair Gainey wrote:

Barbara Pozzi
Barbara Pozzi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:30
German to Italian
+ ...
The Disposable Diaper Industry Source Jul 11, 2016

Try this site http://disposablediaper.net/.
You can find the English and the German version.
I hope it can help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Desparate, urgent unsuccessful search for any EN-DE online sources in diaper production technology

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »